Thursday, September 9, 2010

Botswana Power Company

Oh BPC, my BPC
Botswana Power Company

You’re there for me in so many ways
You make life better most all the days

You keep my computer humming along
You power the radio that sings me a song

You help keep me warm when nights are cold
You power the air con when you’re told

We pay our bill and you light up our house
You don’t complain, you’re quite as a mouse

I know I often take you for granted
And when you’ve failed I’ve raved and ranted

I know the rolling blackouts are needed,
But I’d like to know my plea was heeded.

So, BPC, my BPC
Botswana Power Company:

I wish I may I wish I might,
Have power when it gets dark tonight

But just in case, I've bought a lamp
And I'll pretend I'm at summer camp

And when the power IS on for me
I'll consider it a delicacy

Cause after all, there is more to life
than creature comforts and an easy ride.

2 comments:

  1. Love your poetry! What a fun way to comment on your experiences.

    Aunt Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. katie this is magnificent. i think you should send it in to the gaborone paper, for the op ed section if nothing else. :) good work! love, jessie

    ReplyDelete