Friday, January 21, 2011

Rainbows


Crazy weather and double rainbows are not only good metaphors for my life, they have actually been a big part of my literal experiences lately. This is the rainy season and a single day can bring torrential rains followed by sunny skies and then torrential rains, followed by sunny skies... and so on. These crazy weather cycles bring with them some of the most beautiful rainbows I have ever seen. My life and work in Gaborone have been a bit unpredictable lately, as well. Thankfully, with each metaphorical 'torrential rain,' I have had some wonderfully bright rainbows, too.

Here are a few of my rainbow experiences from this week:

A visit to the US Embassy where they have a beautiful little garden surrounding the US flag and where a woman, after learning of my occasion for being in Botswana, commended the important work Botswana-Harvard Partnership does.

Bible study starting up again for 2011 and a friend from church taking time out of her afternoon to tote me around on an errand that I couldn't have done without her.

Meetings with colleagues from Gaborone and from home that help remind me of the 'big picture' and let me know that I may not know exactly where I am going, but I am not going alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment