Saturday, November 27, 2010

'Black Friday' Botswana Style

The last Thursday in November may not be formally recognized as 'Thanksgiving' in Botswana, but the last weekend in November has definitely caught on for the biggest shopping event of the year.



The Annual Craft Fair
is the place to be for Christmas shopping, fund-raising, socializing, and eating.


I attended with my roommate, Amy and ran into people from work, church, nature outings, and pretty much every group I have been a part of since my arrival in Botswana.



I had a very successful day of shopping, but I can't disclose what I bought because the people I shopped for are likely reading this blog. But take a look at that blue sky-- This may be the first year on record that I came home from shopping with my Christmas shopping done AND a sunburn.

No comments:

Post a Comment