Friday, December 10, 2010

Bokamoso Private Hospital



Last week I visited the Labor, Delivery, Recovery & Postpartum (LDRP) unit at Bokamoso Private Hospital (not as a patient, don't worry). I met one of the nurses who works on the unit through a friend at church and she generously offered to show me the unit. I had read about the hospital in the newspaper because it is apparently a very ambitious venture for Botswana and it has had its share of financial and technological challenges. Let me just say, that I was impressed.

As you can see from the pictures, the patient rooms are beautiful and well-equipped. I had read in the newspaper that the hospital was 'the first paper-less hospital in Botswana.' However, it sounded like the integration of technology has been difficult and this 'paper-less-ness' isn't quite true.

Regardless, Bokamoso is a beautiful facility and the nurses I met seemed very professional and dedicated to their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment