Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Potpourri

School is out for the summer holidays (BTW it's summer here) and people are gearing up for the festive season. The normal bumper to bumper traffic from 0645-0745 and 1630-1830 has been replaced by bumper to bumper lines leading into the retail establishments of the 'big city' (Gaborone). I am eagerly anticipating the arrival of my sister and mom who will spend Christmas with me here in Africa!

This first picture is of a painted fabric table runner (that I am using as a decorative hanging) that was gifted to me by the women in my Bible study. Isn't it beautiful?



Here is a picture of the post-office where I receive my mail.



These are the birds that are enjoying a lay-over on their journey north in our pool. This is not a natural migration. One of my housemates has a delivery service and he recently has been doing business with poultry farmers... or something like that. Let's just say I haven't been spending much time in or near the pool recently.



This is the Christmas tree at my house!

1 comment:

  1. Katie,
    I just wanted to say, hello! It appears you are making the best of your new "home" and awaiting the arrival of your sister and mother. I admire you and wish you a Merry Christams! Alecia

    ReplyDelete