Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Indoor plants




Have you ever wondered where all of those beautiful 'indoor' plants come from? Well, in Botswana, they are actually outdoor plants. I have been surprised to see many plants here that I had previously only seen indoors! Here is a lovely poinsettia tree that I walk by on my way to work.

Other examples of 'indoor' plants are ficus-- you know, those miniature trees that people have in their homes and offices. Except here they are HUGE and OUTDOORS!

I am looking forward to being home and experiencing the flora and fauna of my home continent, but I have enjoyed the diversity of Africa.

Hebrews 10:24-25 (NIV) Let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another-- all the more as you see the Day approaching."

No comments:

Post a Comment