Monday, May 9, 2011

Lessons from Botswana

I have been reflecting on some of the 'lessons' I've learned during my time in Botswana and thought I'd share a few with you:

1. Patience.

2. Dependence on God and my community of friends.

3. An expanded definition of the ‘right way’ to do things.

4. A greater appreciation for the journey of life in contrast to the destinations marked by specific accomplishments.

5. Gratitude for others making up for my linguistic shortcomings. (I am one of the only people I can think of in my immediate circle who only speaks one language and I owe a huge debt of gratitude to all of the people in world who make my life easier by speaking English in addition to their native language(s). I am also thankful that, since I only speak one language, the language I DO speak is English).

No comments:

Post a Comment